Originally Posted By: ed good
pa:

1. agreed semi autos are here to stay. but must we have so many of them? perhaps when enough of them are misused, like when full autos were in the early thirties, then there will be similar federal restrictions on some semis as well? we already have restrictions on handguns in many north eastern states.

2. agreed, full autos are here too stay and hopefully will continue to be regulated and restricted.

3. restriction and regulation of firearms results when government at all levels deem it necessary to protect the general welfare. if the people disagree, then those laws and rulings will be repealed or left to expire. the federal assault rifle ban is a classic example. however, some states have passed their own firearms bans. that is their right.

4. those may be that facts, but others may still feel better with some restriction on some firearms. it is their right to cause their representatives to pass laws and rulings that make them feel better about almost everything. its about respecting the rights of others. if you do not agree, then lobby for change.

5. I have never attacked the second amendment. discussing the differences in how it may be viewed is not attacking anything.

6. as to hunting...I have my standards. you and others have theirs. I do not impose my standards on others and expect the same respect.

7. so long as I meet my gun sales goals, I am happy.

thanks for your somewhat cordial post. however, you did degrade yourself with some rather juvenile name calling.

Ahhhh, the Northeast.....where handgun crime soars no matter how many restrictive laws the liberal fools pass....One only has to look at New York City and Boston with their handgun restrictions to see that these foolish liberal laws DO NOT WORK..........YOU WOULD PROBABLY HAVE BETTER LUCK OUTLAWING "FILES AND GRINDERS" THAN HANDGUNS, but as many have said, you just "Can't Fix Stupid".......

1. The North Eastern Liberal Bastions CANNOT dictate to the rest of the nation their liberal laws and philosophy.....EVER......

**Out here we carry "loaded hanguns in our auto glovebox and it is NOT considered a concealed weapon".......I wonder why we have zero car jackings and a very low crime rate...?......

2. The liberals who "may feel better" with some firearms restrictions MUST LEARN TO GET THEIR "WARM COZY FEELING" BY ANOTHER MEANS, STARTING WITH FACTS, FACTS AND FACTS....

THESE LIBERALS MUST STUDY REALITY, THE REAL WORLD THEN TRANSFER THAT INFORMATION TO A "WARM AND COZY MENTAL STATE"....ATTACKING AN INANIMATE OBJECT ACCOMPLISHES ZERO AND STUPIDITY THEN THRIVES .........

These liberal North Easterners can either learn the truth about reality and the real world, or buy more teddy bears and barricade themselves inside their apartment high rises, row houses or other place of residence.

Doug