Mike,

I thought we were talking about S x S doubles, not O/U doubles. There is a huge difference. In your "banana" post you were referencing S x Ss, but this issue about Kreighoff O/U is apples and oranges. Just because a K80 has the ability to change the bottom barrel's impact by using interchangeable hangers, that put a slight bend in the bottom barrel, proves nothing about how S x Ss were/are assembled. Ever seen a S x S with adjustable spacers to regulate the barrels? of course not. There is no need to mess with the patterns horizontally on a gun already regulated. With an O/U the purpose is to change how high the pattern hits, in relation to the bead, as it were.

Read this short piece written by Kreighoff. They state that their skeet and sporting guns are delivered with the bottom barrel shooting flat, or 50/50, or "dead under the bead". This can be changed with the hangers. Trap guns are delivered shooting 70/30 (high). Can you prove to me that either of their models are assembled with the barrels ALREADY curved, to get the POI they deliver? Of course changing the hanger will curve them, that's obvious, but has nothing to do with our original discussion, IMO.

Interesting also is that the hangers only shift impact on the bottom barrel, I assume because that top rib gives the top barrel bracing and stability against bending.

http://www.halkguns.com/detail.cfm?g_ID=51

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.