Originally Posted By: SKB
....As to Non-PC activities, meaning hunting, being priced out I would disagree. Here in CO our state continues to try to expand opportunity for hunters. Tags and herd sizes have increased as have access to private land through partnerships with Parks and Wildlife department. While nothing is perfect, the options continue to increase yearly here. I have no idea where your from, but if at all possible you should look into a trip out west somewhere and see for yourself. Western states are full of places to hunt, free of cost.
Steve

I believe there are more than plenty of signs that cost can be used to discourage a legal activity. Price of ammo regulatory hoops to jump through that add even more to all things 'hazmat', lead smelter giving up operations, closing of target ranges for various new regs (costs). Even demonizing the pickup truck makes it more expensive to enjoy the outdoors. I'd bet your recent recall issues over gun control are seen by others as the price to pay for getting a foot in the door to more control.

I can't get enough of the west. I get out to Montana each fall, but for bird hunting, none of the great big game chances. Yes, I see the changes there, west of the Rocky's there're many communities that are trying their hardest to become suburbs of california. A favorite duck hunting marsh was drained by the feds, seems like because the regional boss had project to get on the radar for promotion out east.