The Syracuse Arms Company was not connected to the Baker Gun and Forging Company except that Frank Hollenbeck had worked there as a superintentdant prior to forming the Syracuse Arms Company in 1893. It is possible that Frank Hollenbeck used those Baker Gun and Forging connections to purchase rough frames for his new Hollenbeck/Syracuse gun, but I haven't been able to establish that for a fact. The Syracuse Arms Company did produce their Hollenbeck gun under the trade name of "New Era" under contract with Simmons Hardward of St. Louis; those guns were offered with Twist and Improved Damascus barrels, and with optional auto ejectors. Based on the serial numbers I've seen, this contract was entered into after Frank Hollenbeck had resiged his position (July, 1895); and probably around 1897. Those SAC trade name guns were clearly marked as being made by the Syracuse Arms Company atop the barrels, and are easily distinguished from the Baker New Era guns by checking the width of the barrel lug (SAC lugs 1/4" wider). Baker made and sold their "C" frame boxlocks, and also their sidelock model under the name "New Era". This is the first i've heard that the SAC gunworks burned? All I can tell you in that regard is that gun production commenced in 1893 and "in a small way"; then the company expanded production and moved to a larger facilty in Syracuse sometime in 1901. As far as I can tell, gun production ceased before the end of mid-1905 after the company was sold to Simmons Hardware. I've never found any information to explain why Syracuse gun production ceased after the Simmons acquisition?