Larry Brown is an absolute idiot and has proven it on this thread. I never paid for a shell until I returned from the Army in 1969. That was because I loaded shells for my gun club from the time I was about 14 years old, load five, keep one. Free shells isn't the only way to become a good game shot. Stan worked for his shells and so did I. I shot as much as I could and became a fair NSSA, NSCA, and NRA International Skeet competitor as well as a fair game shot. What Stan and I both object to is someone who has the means to become a good shot and doesn't bother. My friend KYjon gave us an illustration of a shooter who only takes the shots that he is confident in taking. That is the proper procedure for a shot with limited or diminishing ability. Unfortunately, most game shooters take every shot that presents itself. That is the wrong approach. Every shot taken at a game bird should be a shot within the capability of the shooter and the gun. Anyone can be a fair game shot if they care to be one.