I've been collecting the parts for a three barreled Martini project and only lack the .17 cal barrel and can get started. When the third barrel arrives the plan is to machine identical ovate profiles on the .17, the .223 cal and the .257 cal 1 3/8" round blanks. Integral bases for a Unertl Small Game 6x scope will also accommodated. The chamberings planned are .17 HMR, .22LR and .25-20 WCF.

Here is the take down Model 6 BSA Martini action, the second breach block and the fixture made for truing the face of the blocks.

Because the fore end is going to be so small, I was having trouble visualizing the figure in the fore end wood blanks so I turned them round. It was helpful being able to rotate them through 360 degrees and this is the outline of where I'm headed with that. On the left are three horn blanks that have been drilled with a 15mm Forstners bit and an attendant dowel will be turned on the front of the fore end blanks for fitting. The Hoffman fore end is shown in the middle.

Here is the butt blank. My Hoffman model (pictured in an earlier Michael Petrov post) has a petite butt so I think it is going to be possible to eliminate the sapwood evident in the image.

For anyone interested in a detailed commentary of this project it is being chronicled at: http://blog.alaskaarmsllc.com/ovate-barrels-miniature-martini-action/

Dennis