jOe if some all powerful deity cares about homosexuality and it being unnatural I can guarantee it is not Mother Nature. The reality of science indicates that many, many species, mammalian and others, engage in what may be described as homosexual behaviour. Sexual activity with another of the same sex. It is in no way limited to humans.

And in humans, around the world, in every culture known, there is a consistent percentage of men's who prefer to engage in homosexual activity over heterosexual activity, about 7%. Don't know the number for women. So while it's a minority, and a minority I choose to have little to do with, that kind of consistency, regardless of culture, religion or societal pressure, suggests a naturalness (i.e. Born with, not learned or adopted) that all the treatment programs in the world are unlikely to change.

Now I happen to be the kind of person who believes that to solve any puzzle or problem, one must start with a true statement of facts. And it strikes me that by describing homosexuality as unnatural or as a disease to be treated, we are not recognizing what is actually happening. And if I want to minimize the influence of the deviance affecting our society that a number of you are referring to here, then I need to start with a true understanding of what homosexuality is. Not by pretending it is something else.

Cue stick hitting hornets nest.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/23/13 12:53 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia