Originally Posted By: canvasback

Stan, I get that perhaps Corinth was a bit of a seedy place. But I am talking about in a broader sense with religion in today's society. And here's what I mean:

Pretty easy to get a bunch of strong opinions here about the abomination of homosexuality. But I don't hear much about.....say.....adultery. Which may involve the sex act but at its heart is a lie, a betrayal of the worst kind to most people. It would be much easier for me to be outraged at the behaviour of an adulterer than that of two homosexuals in a committed relationship.

To me there is a pretty strong level of hypocrisy when I hear/read the outrage about homosexuals and hear little about the outrage of adultery. Where is the public shaming of those who engage in that behaviour.

I agree completely. That's the hypocrisy I mentioned in my earlier post. Sin is sin. Any sin separates us from Him, and we ALL have sinned. Christians aren't perfect, as the old saw goes, they're just forgiven. There's a difference in sinning because we in a moment of weakness fail to walk in His strength and sin, compared to blatant sin where we refuse to acknowledge that a persistent behavior on our part is sin, and in rebellion, we continue in it. None of us, after coming to the knowledge of His saving grace and accepting His sacrifice for us will maintain perfection and never sin again. But, we abhor those things that He abhors, and strive to live a life that is pleasing to Him who died for us.

Paul said it best in Phillippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.