Anyone who "lives in a low crime area," has a dog that "is very protective," does not worry about being the victim of violent crime because "I don't go to dangerous places," is living in a serious case of denial and tempting fate. When it DOES happen to you, it is too late and your cherished family heirlooms are lost forever. Not one house in 100,000 with dogs in this country has a legitimate "guard dog," and even those can be noiselessly neutralized in a matter of seconds. And people who do not legally carried concealed and trust your instincts to "only go to GOOD places" is liveing in a very serious and dangerous stae of denial. When it is YOUR blood on th esidewalk, it is too late.

There is no one on this board who not only seeks but strives for risk more than me. I am sure there are equals, but I doubt there are folks who surpass my love of risk. In previous lives I have ridden bulls, swam with sharks, caught a bobcat with my bare hands, raced cars, done business with the Russian mafia, and dated A LOT of red headed women. As a result I have now had 20 surgeries and parts of my body don't work like they should.

I love flirting with disaster, but I am not stupid when it comes to protecting my things and my life. Well, stupid should be placed with naieve. Unfortunately, I have too much first hand experience with all of the above mentioned things that happen to good people every day, in every country around the world. I would be irresponsible to deny that "lightening would never strike twice" and choose to live with my head burried in the sand.

I would like to say that in a sense I am very glad to hear people make naieve statements as have been made here, because it means you have not been through trial by fire. I sincerely hope you never do, but I do hope you decide to be prepared for when lightening strikes you. When the first occurance makes you finally prepare for a possible second occurance, then you have gone through some serious pain and heartache. I would not wish that feeling on my enemies. Speaking from far too much experience here.

skunk out