Originally Posted By: King Brown
Craig, a lie is something that one says knowing it not to be true. The issue under discussion concerned Muhammed Ali's quote of no rich men in the jails of America. I said the rich have an advantage by being able to hire the best lawyers. You have been careless in calling me a liar. I don't believe you meant to. As for asking for a poll, I can't imagine members not having access to their political representatives, in their homes, service clubs, associations or party meetings.

Greater access comes from greater influence....

....Another point you may consider before imputing bad faith to others: Politicians have responsibilities to serve their communities; as our servants, if you like. It's not for citizens to wait for favours to drip from their hands like charity. Politicians aren't our gods. Citizens aren't servile supplicants. We're able to channel, sort and evaluate technical and intellectual expertise.

Yes King, sarcasm might be an intentional approach to convey 'scratching my head'. Of course, I quoted the issue I was wondering about, and snipped out what I feel is an unrelated diversion, such as most of the spiritual paragraph.

Agreed, greater access comes from greater influence, in general. Maybe, I needed a tech surge to get my snap poll off the ground.

A recent missfire example of 'imputing bad faith' of Republicans was the fools who embarrassed and risked all on the world stage with the government shutdown. A quick reread of the last paragraph could include citizens channeling though their House of Representatives.

I've mentioned before and truly believe, you've earned and deserve the political influence that you've achieved. I believe many of the ideology and justifications that are conveyed, probably shape approaches and choices of battles that are brought to politicians. Some times, progressive agendas in general, not you in particular, are important to me and at times I prefer to comment about assumptions that may not be fact for all.