I am neither wealthy or more powerful than I let on, James. At 82 I need a day job working with woodlot owners, a small vineyard, writing two biographies---there's no money in writing, just the love of it, giving recognition where needed. My guess is both of us live modestly, possessions a burden.

As for power, national and provincial publications claim I'm the biggest troublemaker in Nova Scotia and King of the region---but what do they know? Any influence comes from knowing all the tools of communication and how to use them, and a well-organized constituency knowing whose side I'm on.

All power, as Lenin said, comes from the end of a gun. Individually we are literally alone, powerless spiritually and otherwise. Only through collective acts of love and creative activity can we illuminate our way through life. That doesn't take deep pockets, only uniting for peace, order and good government.

Citizens generally don't realize their power. Nancy and I working with communities aroused by Big Business dictating to governments about where a Trans-Canada Highway would go forced a realignment to accommodate public values and recognized safety standards. Our adversaries included the biggest Tory and Grit political contributors in the province. Blew them aside.

I have been fleshing these thoughts here, perhaps too actively. Misfires is no place to try to make the world less safe for fools. I have been critical of the NRA and the Tea Party on grounds that it's not what they do but how they do it. Silly polarizing and demonizing are enemies of the greater influence they desire.

Last edited by King Brown; 10/24/13 11:17 AM.