Yep, that's me. Anyone representing tens of thousands of mom-and-pop businesses gets a visit from time to time by policy makers. Our people don't believe in waiting for things to happen to them; they makes policy bottom-up without technocratic or bureaucratic interference. The Province delegates large policy and operational responsibilities to those closest to the resource, an unprecedented radical institutional change in governance we invented.

Influence evolves easily to the rich, less so traditionally to rural communities. The individual in these circumstances is weak. Collectively, however, working together cooperatively, productively, competently with great imagination produces results that government and industry can't obtain for the simple reason they do not have an owner constituency. That's why we've just won, in effect, the Nobel Prize in responsible forestry.

I'll leave to others to decide who has been hoisted. You've given me another opportunity to illustrate how collective effort is superior to the individualism espoused here by some conservatives. Almost without exception they see politicians as the solution to seemingly intractable problems. They should know that politicians having all the answers is perfectly stupid. They just keep on giving them encouragement.

I made the lunch: jam-and-peanut-butter sandwiches and a can of soup, tea and home-made cookies the last couple times. The results have been very satisfactory. It sure beats playing the punk's game. And if you're wondering what happened with this month's change of government from NDP to Liberal, I got a written guarantee before the election from Stephen McNeil that he won't change our model of governance.

Last edited by King Brown; 10/24/13 12:22 AM.