Yeah, I'm laying back from duck hunting for a different reason. The ducks are here, and the mosquitoes, and the ducks are filled with pinfeathers. The ginks who do all their hunting in warm weather are blasting away at the easy ones including birds of the year but none of the seasoned gunners hereabouts. We can wait.

As for our conversations, our different takes on the situation, I can wait for the denouement or otherwise, too. What's likely to happen is the Washington ginks will kick it down the road to mid-January, refusing to come to grips with reality, with the world as it is and not what they want it to be, and we'll go through the whole thing again. The ginks have it down to a science.

Why the US allows it is beyond me. Canada's conservative government will set out tomorrow in a Throne Speech what it will do in the new session, a re-set to help it get through a senate spending scandal. What it proposes will be implemented because it has a majority, and the opposition parties will go along where they have been proposing similar action.

The government earned its majority and right to make legislation in a House of Commons representing citizens from coast to coast to coast. In the US a minority within a major party can stop governance in its tracks, in the current case ostensibly on increasing deficit ceiling but everyone knows it's really about Obamacare. The pity is that world economies may go in the ditch.

Last edited by King Brown; 10/15/13 11:52 AM.