I hate gun safes, but I own and use the best one I could afford, for the reasons mentioned by others. It's kind of like art museums not allowing anyone inside. In addition, I have put more nicks in the wood of my nice guns taking them in and out of the safe than I have using them (I know, I need another safe). That said, my choice would be a secure room with no windows. Then I wouldn't even need a cabinet. What constitutes a secure room means different things to different people. Anything can be broken into with enough time, effort, and the right tools. A burglar who does not know that you have valuable guns to steal probably won't come to your home with the right tools to break into a relatively minimum security room in a reasonable amount of time. One who knows what he is after and what he's up against will come prepared, and given enough time, will score. It's about security, insurance, alarms, privacy, fire, and a lot of other issues. You just have to decide what's most important to you that fits into your budget. I know what I want, but can't really justify the cost. As for my guns gathering dust, that's one problem I don't have.

LCSMITH