Originally Posted By: Dave Katt
I just got to know, the group of Martin supporters are now talking of a "Martin Law". Just what in the heck could that be? How can these people support a law that puts their racial cause in a bad light?

I suppose it would be a national law that makes it illegal to shoot someone while one is being assaulted with just hands and/or feet. Charles Blow, on one of the talking-heads shows, argued that since a seventeen year old Martin could not own and carry a gun and Zimmerman could the difference in power was unfair. I can't see why Blow can't see that if Martin hadn't assaulted Zimmerman the imbalance of force wouldn't matter. It is illegal to physically assault someone. Martin was killed while he was assaulting Zimmerman - that is during his assault on Zimmerman. The victim of Martin's assault defended himself with his firearm. Not while Zimmerman was under the fear of assault (stand your ground) but while he was under actual assault (self defense).

And can he not see that when the imbalance of power is the other way around, that is a 6-4, 250 pound, 25 year old man considering giving a 5-8, 160 pound, 70 year old man an ass whipping that the young man might think about the fact that the 70 year old might be carrying. That the concealed carry laws have deterrence value to fist assault on the elderly, women, handicapped and other less-than-physically-imposing citizens?

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/17/13 10:57 AM.

I am glad to be here.