Oganza - thanks for taking the time to educate me about this. I glanced through the various links and sub-links that you provided and took a look at the photos and comments. It all makes a lot of sense that this gun is linked to custom Japanese manufacture. I am totally aligned with you presently. Nevertheless - I have yet to see any of the other "Japanese" side by sides shotguns posted here on the same level of crafstmanship and the highly figured quality of the walnut. When you take a look at my photos I think that you can determine that. Even that "copy" of the Westley Richards" drop lock -even though it is quite nicely done has relatively plain wood compared to mine. In addition the marks on my gun are simple but very clear and crisp -not messy- the long number on the action flat seems to have been stamped long after the gun was manufactured - and is clearly much more recent that the other stamps...
Yes I would be curious to get some feedback from John Mann as he seems to have a great deal of expertise in this area.
Thank you very much for taking the time.