I got a report from my German gunsmith today:

Der Krieghoff Drilling ist eigentlich in einem guten Zustand. Die Schrotlufe haben innen einige leichte Beulen und der Kugellauf ist auch etwas rau.
Das Laufbndel ist auen ziemlich abgegriffen u. sollte evtl. neu brniert werden. Der Verschlu knnte auch einen neuen Scharnierstift vertragen. Der Schaft ist natrlich auch, dem Alter entsprechend, leicht verbeult und zerkratzt.
Das Schloss und die Abzge funktionieren einwandfrei. Ebenso die Verriegelung am Pistolgriffkppche.

The Krieghoff drilling is actually in good condition. The shot barrels have a few dents and the rifle barrel is also rather rough. The barrel set is somewhat worn externally and could possibly need to be reblued. The action could use a new hinge pin. The stock is also somewhat dented and scratched, as might be expected with its age. The locks and the triggers function perfectly and the catch on the pistol grip cap as well.

The first sentence of the report appears to conflict with what follows, but I appreciate his frank appraisal. I will have to consider how much I want to spend on this project.