Following this w/some interest since its is a subject we've hashed & bashed before and each time a bit more information surfaces about these V.C. & 'helice grip' guns.

I'm thinking the better answer to the one that Paul has may be to try & ascertain who the initials belonged to. Could the gun have been made for one of the company owners or a director? Would that be reason for it to not have been on the books & thus not numbered? Does the crown depicted have any particular country affiliation or is it rather a mark denoting the build quality as opposed to grade? Could royalty order a gun specifically not to be serial numbered? What happened during German occupation? Could a pair of high quality guns been built off the books?

If one assumes it was built for royalty & was a pigeon gun, then ..

I have no idea if they still exist or not, but any records of the shooters who attended Monte Carlo during the days when it was THE top flyer shoot might be a good place to start looking into the possible owners identity. I know Bill Wise was trying to collect any European Grand Prix flyer shoot data he could find and he shared some of that w/me years ago. I know he had some programe copies from Monte Carlo shoots, but don't recall that he ever sourced any rosters. Perhaps the country itself has some records that could be sourced? If so, would they show not only who, but what guns they brought with them for the competitions? Would the customs records still be intact for persons coming into Monte Carlo with their 'pig' guns? Certainly there was a lot of gun history there prior to Grace Kelley becoming a princess. Just some idle thots here gentlemen, but its a dif path one might pursue. It could make a good article anyway. I'll not ride this tangent further.

Best, tw