Once again some good info, but also some wrong info, from Ed. Anytime you buy a new gun and use it for a few years and turned it into a used gun, you will come out short. In time you will be made closer to being whole. Try buying a new Purdey for $100k and see what it bring on the used market. Many of you guys tickle me. You will buy a car, use it, and in 5 years you will lost half its value. 10 years and you have lost 90%. Yet you would think about that! Now Ed is wrong on the Spainish guns. For example. I started importing Arrieta is the early 90s. The 557 I was selling for $2500. Now the gun sells for $4995. Also when I first imported and sold the AYA #453, I sold it for $1695. New 2013 price is $3650. Try that with a car. I am not saying that you can not lose money on a gun, but time will make you closer to being whole. You will always have retained value which with many other items you will not..

I think I know a little about this business as I have been doing this on my own for 38 years, one of the old timers. Many of the guys here buy and sell a few guns a year and think they know the gun trade and the market

John Boyd
Quality Arms

Last edited by arrieta2; 03/19/13 10:30 AM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971