I previously posted that 1" seems to be the standard for XX Lefever frames because of the response I received on the "Frame size" thread on the old Lefever forum. On rereading the thread, I find that more than one pin separation measurement for the XX frame was 1 1/16". Obviously, 1 1/16 is a dimension that will cover 20 to 12 with the possibility to make an acceptable 28 gauge. I think the 1" pin separation is also acceptable for 28 to 12 with the 12 being marginal. If the search is for the "Lefever Standard" for XX frames, I think it is a tossup between the 1" and the 1 1/16", with the 1 1/16" being easier to work with for the three larger gauges. Because of the difficulty of finding barrel suppliers at the proper price point, I would recommend that the builders standardize pin center placement since that is one dimension that cannot be "adjusted" once the unfinished barrel sets reach our shores. If customers want a slim waisted 28 gauge, the breech balls can be trimmed on a heavier receiver, but metal cannot be easily added to make a 12 gauge on a too small receiver. In my opinion, a trim, attractive 28 gauge can be made on a receiver with a 1 1/16" pin separation if the breech balls are trimmed to be in proper proportion. If it is found that a light 12 cannot be constucted on a receiver with a 1" pin separation, (which I think it can be) standardization at a 1 1/16" pin separation would be acceptable for use in all gauges from 12 to 28 gauge. Bill Murphy