jOe, in my state, it is already required to transfer any handgun through an FFL even if it's a private sale. That's true in many states, but it hasn't decreased violent crime one bit. But the point I was making is that even if Universall Backround checks were required for every firearms transaction... even a gift or bequest to your own son as Obama wants... criminals will still mostly get their guns through theft. The criminals who want to buy them from either a dealer or a private individual will still use a Straw Purchaser who can pass the NICS system check.

Nothing changes except that you will have made Obama's goal of outlawing the private ownership of guns easier. He has said that he doesn't believe Americans should be allowed to own guns. He reversed the Bush Administration's position on the U.N. Small Arms Treaty. He reversed the Bush position that said individuals have a Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms during the Heller case.

I know you wouldn't piss on Obama if he was on fire. Why do you want to help him on this issue?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.