Originally Posted By: keith

To me, if the government feels it absolutely feels it needs to infringe upon someones rights, they probably should narrow it down to the group that is actually causing the problem. Similarly, most of the violent crime and murder that goes on in our cities is perpetrated by a certain ethnic group of a certain sex and a certain age range. Yet Obama and crew are centering their crosshairs on law abiding citizens who are not, and never have been the problem. If you gave most of us here a choice between Obama's Gun/Magazine Ban/Universal Registration scheme, and rounding up all gangbangers and summarily deporting them, I think you know which we'd choose. And I think you know which choice would have the most positive effect on reducing gun violence. There is more protest about the current proposals simply because we know it will have a more direct effect on more of us, and we've spent decades actually seeing the toll gun control has taken on gunowners around the world without tangible net benefits.

But certainly, you already knew that.

Originally Posted By: Dave K
It should be noted that there is virtually no evidence that criminals buy guns, they steal them or kill someone to get them.

Out of 10 plus pages of comments, these two quotes above pretty much say it all........

jOe initially said he wanted the gun out of his name so he cold FEEL BETTER, what he doesn't understand, evidently, is that even if you loan a gun to someone and they kill with it, YOU DID NOT COMMIT THE CRIME AND ARE NOT LIABLE, the killer is........

King goes on and on about his Canadian registration card, so what, if your car is registered or is not and someone borrows or steals it and kills ten kids on the sidewalk ARE YOU AT FAULT....does the registration of your car STOP THE CRIME.....

Come on people, wake up and smell the roses.........

Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker didn't buy their guns at Humpy's Hardware Store over 85 years ago.....they stole them, all of them, some from a National Guard Armory, some from the police and some from private parties........SOME OF THESE GUNS WERE REGISTERED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, SO WHAT.......DID IT STOP THE CRIMES THAT TOOK PLACE........

Every city U.S.A. is overrun with stolen guns of all types, some with serial numbers, but most without.....many of them for sale day in and day out.......gun crimes run rampant daily in places like Chicago, New York City, Miami....all with illegal guns......I wonder if registration will solve or slow down this continual crime spiral.....I wonder if jOes hand gun he sold will show up in Miami and the police will come knocking......duh.........

Same today, you can register whatever you want, wherever you want and it will not stop shit........registration is a useless and fruitless HIGH DOLLAR EXERCISE BY THE GOVERNMENT, WHO WILL ULTIMATELY PASS THE ENTIRE EXERCISE COST ON TO YOU AND ME.....AND THERE WILL BE NO REDUCTION IN CRIME, THEFT, OR WARM COZY FEELINGS OR ANYTHING ELSE........JUST MORE STUPID, USELESS RESTRICTIONS FORCED ON THE INNOCENT.......

IF YOU WANT TO REGISTER SOMETHING, REGISTER THE GHETTO'S IN EVERY STATE......

ABSOLUTELY THE FAILED FRONT OF STUPID PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THIS OR ANY INCREASED FIREARMS REGISTRATION EFFORT..........

Doug