I have a Dickinson 20ga that I picked up for field test from Cabela's in Owatonna. Measurements are a bit different on mine: LOP 14 3/4", DAH 2". I like high stocks, but this one is too long for me--especially right now, in northern Wisconsin! Owatonna also had a 16 and a 12. The 20 had the nicest wood of the three. All are straight/splinter/DT, all $1399.

Re the "slightly used" part . . . I'll have to check with Tom Bryant at Sidney before I do the writeup, but I don't think they're actually used--or at least most of them aren't--in the sense of having been fired. I believe what happened with them is similar to the old I. Rizzini (FAIR) OU's that Cabela's picked up and closed out at pretty attractive prices when New England Arms went out of business. The guns are actually new, but because they went from one dealer to another, they're not classified that way.

I've shot several rounds of skeet with mine. Accuracy is fine. Best I've done is 23, but it clearly shoots where I look. Good, solid breaks even using 3/4 oz loads through the C/IC choke combo. My only real complaint are the triggers. Specifically the front one on mine. My trigger pull gauge only goes to 8#, and this one almost gets me there. It's crisp, but it's way heavier than it should be.

Weight on mine is just under 6 1/2 on a digital scale. They could save weight with a shorter forend (pretty long splinter), and I'm guessing the raised rib--which is pretty high for a sxs field gun--probably adds some as well. The wrist is thick, as is the stock in general, although that's at least in part because it's a through bolt gun.

Other than the trigger pull, function has been perfect. $1400 for a gun with ejectors and a full set of choke tubes, more than decent fit and finish (stock is proud where it meets the receiver, but not bad)--don't think there's much on the new sxs market that can compete.