Originally Posted By: RCC
JRB,

I misstated. They claim Noxious, not toxic. Regardless, this ripping them out of the flats and plateaus because some moron in Helena thinks that they are destroying the river bottom cottonwoods is just plain stupid and another example of the blinders our government agencies wear when pushing their agendas.

I offered to take as many of their numbers who cared to see, out in the river boat at June Rise so they could see how many of their precious cottonwoods were being torn out by the roots, as the river continually changes it's course.

Does it surprise you that there were no takers?

Glad you clarified that RCC but it wouldn't surprise me in this day and age to have some idiot declare them toxic. I have two of them in my shelter belt by the house. Another tree/shrub that I like is what we call bullberry. I guess it's really buffalo berry. The berries are good winter food for the birds. That is the ones that I don't get first for making jelly. I judge how bad the up coming winter will be by how many bullberries are on in the fall. God provides for his critters.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.