Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
Thanks Mike I have one I can pull apart but now that 1878 has posted a link I don't need to.

Can anyone name all the parts that were modified to reach the 10 pound limit on the Borchardt-Creedmoor?

I'll start with the stock bolt which was shorter than standard and hollow.

O/K, I'll have a go, lol. The previously mentioned Stock Bolt, the removal of considerable metal from the Breech Block, (as illustrated in your earlier picture), the lower front end of the action had a lot of metal removed internally where the lever spring is situated. The side panels of the action were also a lightening objective, as the wood or composite side panels that were inserted were much lighter. The Millitary sight was also removed, so just the special Long Range sights were fitted. The Ramrod/cleaning rod was omitted. The Web between the action tangs that the stock bolt is attached to the receiver was mostly machined away leaving just a threaded spigot to hold the stock bolt, and finally the additional machining of the contours of the front of the receiver on top and underneath also took away weight. That's about as much as my alcohol befuddled brain can manage at the moment. lol.

Harry.

Last edited by Harry Eales; 09/09/12 05:13 PM.

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.