Baumgarten is supposed to pleasure us with some images of a Jaeger rifle from Suhl. We surmise that the novel lock may have added structural integrity to the sporting weapon.

Frantisek/Franz Novak/Nowak kaiserlich - kniglich( Csszri Es Kirlyi Udvari Puskamves ) Hfbchsenmacher of Praze must have hung out his gunmaking shingle in the mid to late 1820s as from 1829 to 1836 he attended Bohemian Exhbitions and received silver and bronze medals, with a bronze medal being at the Vienna Exhibition in 1835. Then in 1844 in Berlin he received a bronze medal for his effort on his wares. He designed and developed some sort of safety, or mechanism with safety features, that led to at least one of his awards. The firm employed around 30 craftsmen, which increased to say 3 dozen by the mid 19th century, and sourced tubes from Bohemia as well as Liege in order to provide upper rung sporting weapons to clients in the Empire, Poland, Russia, France and England. He was known for either sourcing or fabricating some sort of tubes, Brschrohr und Scheibenrohr - 2 terms that have escaped me for now. Either he or a Gabriel Novak, who I guess to be his son, was a source of target pistols with special designed triggers.

It is possible that Ferdinand Ridler/Riedler of Spital on the Pyhrn(Spital am Pyhrn, Austria) could have been the Bohemian tube steel source for Frantisek Novak & other Praha craftsmen. Ferdinand Ridler is noted as being the 1st to roll his own as well as introducing pattern welded tubes to the empire. In 1845 a presentation of his home grown and rolled pattern welded tubes, which were asthetically easy on the eyes as well as durable being on par with any other craftsmen, led to an award. He was also know for his edged weapons.

Jozsef Kirner may have sourced Ferdinand Ridler as they used both local, within the empire I would say, in addition to sourcing the craftsmen in Liege for their multibarrel sporting weapons. Jozsef Kirner is noted as offering a vierling, which he easily could have sourced from A.V. Lebeda. The concern employed 20 craftsmen to complete sporting weapons for clients in England, Russia, Poland, France & Turkey. In the 1830s A.V. Lebeda could not find a source near Praze to meet his demand for tubes so straightaway he developed a soucing line to Liege.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse