Posted for Marie Treadwell, 4-09-2012

From Marie Treadwell:

I'm struggling to find the words to describe how moved I am by the powerful touching words you have all written in tony's memory. He was quite a character and never gave up on anything even when he was given only weeks to live. It is true that only hours before going into hospital he was still emailing friends and oiling his gun stock, even though he was unable to stand and was very breathless.

Tony and I have been together for nearly 25 years and there has never been a dull moment, with the arrival of our children Will and then later Izzy the adventure never stopped there were just more of us Treadwells enjoying it !

Will and I will continue to shoot Tony's beautiful restorations he proudly left to us and Izzy is already very keen but struggles to hold the gun at only 3 years old. His passion for restoring and enjoying vintage shotguns and the amazing people he met along the way were so very important to him during the most difficult time of his life and I thank you all for being there for him--we miss him terribly, Tony has left a huge hole in our lives and your words and thoughts mean a great deal to us--I intend to keep them safe for Will and Izzy to read when they're older to help keep Tony's memory alive and help them remember just how very special their Dad was.

My very best wishes to you all, Marie xx

Izzy, Rex (puppy) and Will

Doug