"I must say that some of you CSMC champions certainly are a loyal lot. You are either more fortunate than I am on the quality issues or perhaps less particular than I am."

I have handled far more than a "dozen" CSMC guns and own four originally purchased by me so I know the ones purchased by me have been taken care of and I know the original condition and functioning when they arrived.
I'm not a "champion" and "perhaps less particular than I am" are both subjective comments that get no where in this discussion but simply serve to bolster my assertion that the Internet is "such a poor resource for facts".
As to wood, that is subjective and if you agonize over wood then that's your right. It doesn't mean that the build quality is variable.
If you have facts about your Model 21 build quality, then Post them.
I don't have any build issues with my CSMC guns and no failures as of the present. My latest, as 20/28 A-10 set has been shot only at SC for about 500 rounds with no problems.

I have still to read ANY specific build issues in this Thread and all I see Posted is subjective opinions.

Purdey's, who built what at CSMC, speculations about turnover, old Foxes, are not Germain to this discussion but only show the bias of the Poster.

Now you are correct in that the original Post did ask for opinions. and that is what is contained in this thread.
EOT for me.-Dick