I agree with the frustration we feel when we don't get enough of "the guns themselves". It is interesting that a certain potentate owned a type of gun, but not at the expense of the history and development of the gun itself. I have "cruised" through both books and was left wanting more about the guns and their development and history of same. Westley Richards had a big presence in the U.S. , offering their expertise and products to many U.S. makers of the finest guns made here and anywhere. No mention that I could see of any of this. I am hoping more Rigby writing comes out, and Westley Richards has much more to say as a company and a prominent maker for 200 years. The interaction of Westley Richards and the many makers in Britain is a story , too.

Finally, I applaud the people who take the time to write books. They give us, for the most part, a hard copy of things we wonder and dream about. I do hope we can hear more on the two makers in question. I often buy firearms related books on subjects I am not the most interested in. I guess it's my small expression of thanks for their efforts and dedication.