I wear a Blaze orange Columbia ball cap when I am with others. when I am by myself, i wear whatever I grab. That means I am on my 500 acre parcel I have exclusive use of and its too far off the beaten path for anyone to get to . to far off the road and there are so few bird and small game hunters around here i dont worry about it. When I hunt with a friend, I wear the Blaze orange ball cap and sometimes a Columbia shirt with a little orange on it bceause it wards off the briars, not because it has orange. A hat is the best thing to protect you. I figure that if i am 50 -60 yards away form another hunter and he shoots me accidentaly, the 7.5 or 8 shot wont kill me but it would damn well blind me if I got hit in the face. the balze hat shows off the most vital part of my body that might get hit. maybe it will make someone stop when they see that blaze on top of their bead and they dont pull the trigger. How many of you have lost track of a partner in thick cover? maybe faulty logic but I go with it!!!

anyway, how many of you wear shooting or ballistic glasses when hunting?? now thats what you should be doing. they keep those branches and thorns and crap out of your eyes and will stop a pellet form blinding you.

Last edited by Brian; 01/09/12 11:43 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member