Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....I can verify that fact, because long ago and far away, I was part of that group. So there are some reasons why we should do business differently than we now do it.

If, after all, the govt is going to license barbers--for example--then should it be all that unreasonable that they also license gunsmiths, or somehow exercise some control over practices which can result in danger to the user of the gun in question?

....Where the system falls apart is that nothing happens once a gun has left the factory.

In my opinion, this is a very sorry distortion of logic and completely fabricated problem. You would impose on the entire US of A because you used to stick 2 3/4" shells in a short chamber gun. What exactly is falling apart with the system.

Just commenting on a head scratcher to me, Craig

Yes Craig, I've never understood people like this guy and their distorted logic.......never has made sense to me......

People with this distorted thought process actually think saftey concerns related to stupidity can be legislated out of various consumer products....Their answer to everything is more legislation, more restrictions, more licenses and tax stamps......

Many of our states have embraced strict anti-gun, anti-ammunition legislation attempting to target the minority abusers, but have, in fact, only punished the honest citizen sportsmen and the sporting industries, Mfg./commercial/retail/wholesale.....

The abusers (Buzz's unscrupulous & unethical) will NEVER pattern their operations to accomodate any law, so no matter how many laws are piled on, the desired results will not be accomplished.......We have a very, very long history of legislative oversights showing this to be true, from many industries.....

Somewhere, at some point in this modern world....CONSUMERS must take full responsibility for what they buy USED and operate......WE HAVE BECOME A SOCIETY WHERE EVERYTHING "IS SOMEONE ELSES FAULT".......as an example, to attempt to hold anybody responsible for a product produced prior to WWII is pure rubbish.......If you don't have the knowledge or experience to inspect used products then hire somebody who does......

Doug