Hi Chris,

yes you right it is interesting to find something look like it . I found this tree with burl many years ago . Just was a problem as it was far away from home and to bring it from forest was a problem - no roads around it . In years tree foll down and I have got a proper snowmobile with trough sled . We wait when snow become a solid befor spring time .We spend with my son few days as to cut this peace of wood and try to load to sled . As it was frosen to earth and we were able to move it with jack and winch of sled .Finally we cut off half and bring at home just a middle of it . And it was not in best condition as was little bit rotten as old and was keep any years at hte earth . But I hope to make open air table from it after it will be more dry in few years .
Here I will attached photo of cut an other burl . In English all of them have same name but in Russian it is an other names - first one - "suvel" and cut of it have slow curves of the layers and second "cup" have a lot of small curls and look like a Karelian birch wood.
Gregoriy

Last edited by Gregoriy; 11/01/11 11:22 PM.