Who is talking about Bald Eagles here? I was referring to plains raptors impact on lead toxicity, specifically golden eagles, ferruginous hawks, rough legged hawks, etc.

I don't really keep up on the hype around bald eagles because:
A. Not my specialty
B. I find them to be an annoying bird and a nuisance
C. They are in the largest numbers ever recorded in human history
D. The lead issues with Bald Eagles are alleged to come from lead sinkers and the fishing community. (I don't fish nor keep track of that stuff on a species of ZERO population concern)

As to another poster, the claim was that there are plenty of raptors in the area and there are insufficient prey animals. (desirable game animals they enumerated)

1. Red Tailed Hawks and Kestrels do not provide biodiversity. In fact, both are at record numbers because they adapted to man's changing of the habitat. Those raptors that were most prevelant during colonial and pre-industrial times are now in fewer numbers than ever, several states have them on State endangered species lists, in fact. (e.g. Red Shouldered Hawks)

2. The beloved game species you listed in part are:
A. Not indigenous so from a conservation perspective, who cares?
B. Not a primary prey of either of the raptor species specified.

3. Stating that you believe you see a sufficient number of raptors in your area is therefore grounds to state there is not a lead toxicity problem in the Western USA with raptors is cloudy logic.

A. You're not in the Western USA to my knowledge.
B. The species listed do not hunt "varmints" that are the target of leave-it-lay target shooting.

Just trying to clarify points of confusion or error here.