Hello folks. I don't visit or post much as I have drifted into black rifles, 1911's and shooting in 3-Gun Competitions.

I do still hunt with my SxS's and sent my go to hunting gun off for a renovation. 99% of the work was to the buttstock and forend, and the outcome was dramatic. Lots of dents removed, old finish stripped, checkering recut and wonderful finish applied.

The gun is marked "Mossier-Gabriel Breslau" on the rib and M.P. has posited that this gun was made by Heym. I trust his research so that is what I tell people.

Details. 12ga, 6 lb 5 oz BLE. 30" barrels with original 2 3/4" Nitro proof. Made/proofed in August of 1933.

Enjoy.

I refer to the gun as "Klimpke" as someone carved that name into the left stock panel with a pocket knife. That was the major item taken care of during this visit to the gunmaker.

I had made a point of leaving that out of pictures, and as it turns out, I didn't have many 'Before' pictures.

So here are the before and after with the pics I did have.

And some other views of the 'After'.

I took more pictures tonight, and when my slow connections gets them loaded to Photobucket, I'll post a few more.

PS This is the gun I have posted about a few times that Carlsons nearly ruined. Sent the barrels to them to have the original full chokes opened to .005" & .015". They sent it back with both barrels bored to .004" from the muzzle and offcenter in both barrels.

Briley bailed me out by fitting a set of thinwall chokes. I screwed in the .005" and .015" and I don't remember ever changing them. laugh

Last edited by Utah Shotgunner; 08/22/11 12:32 PM.

Mike