Cabelas' Scarborough had one of the Beretta folders in 20 ga out on the used rack for a couple hundred or so. I gave it a minute's look yesterday when I was there, but not a hard-enough look to remember the price. Seemed to be in OK shape but, the way they had the cable tie on it, I couldn't look down the barrel or otherwise open it. Didn't interest me (but that's just me) but it was wicked light and seemed well-made.

I suppose that in .410 it would be a nice camp gun for whacking red squirrels and porcupines causing trouble and in 20 might make a nice behind-the-seat grouse gun. probably a good gun for starting a kid, too, b/c it's so light. But I think it would be too light for extended hunting.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
... I took the Gordon Setter I owned out snowshoe grousing when he was 13, and he slept for about three days afterward. ...

Since when has a Gordon of any age ever passed on a chance to sleep? Mine (8 1/2) winds up taking about 5 naps a day and sleeping all night, breaking them up to bark convincingly at the neighbor's cat or the postman. And has done this for years.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent