Gee, in one day I've found out that I'm ignorant, lazy, and greedy because I have a 01 FFL. shocked

Actually, I think this whole thread is a huge waste of band width but since it's taken on a life of its own I'll just add to it. I've done 10 transfers in the whole time that I've had an FFL. Those transfers were for people that I've known for at least 15 years and for my brother-in-law. I've not charged one dime for those transfers, infact they have cost me money because the state of Illinois charges me $2 for each one. One of those friends did buy me lunch so I guess that counts.

So why do I have an FFL? So I can receive and send guns to clients that I've done stocking jobs on and its a requirement for being a regular member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. Just part of being legal.

I do want to address the Q & A on the ATF web site. Don't count on those answers being the "Be all - end all" because they are NOT! Your individual ATF agent is the person that makes the rules - you don't argue with your agent because you will lose. You also have to remember that everything is up for interpretation. I sat through a seminar where two ATF agents couldn't decide whether Guild members needed a manufacturers license or not and they were invited to the seminar for that very reason. I'm not kidding!

Doug Mann