[quote=John Roberts]Agree with Larry. For the money, a 30" BSS Browning is the best option for an entry level clays sxs. Most have so-so wood and the forend and grip are a little clubby, but they are fine, well made guns with good dynamics, and are good candidates for Briley Thinwalls. Hard to find the 30 inchers, though.

I've had several BSS's, and the last was a 28" gun used for ducks. One thing these guns benefit from is moving the nose of the comb back about 3/4". Opens up the grip and makes it much more comfortable. [quote/]

I completely agree about the BSS. I have a 30" with three inch chambers that is my sporting clays S x S gun and does double duty as a duck gun. I won the AA class and the Veterans concurrent S x S events with it at the U. S. Open last year at Tunica. It had original chokes when I used it there, mod. right and full left. It is not a selective trigger gun so I just had Charlie Boswell open the left barrel to mod., to match the right. It will only be better, now. I suggest you get one and shoot it a bunch before you send it anywhere to have screw-ins installed. But then, I am a bit of a maverick, I guess, about chokes. I compete in the main events with a Perazzi with two fixed .020" chokes. Don't worry about chokes for awhile, just shoot'em and watch'em turn to dust. It'll do wonders for your concentration on the bird.

Stan
NSCA #538366

May God bless America and those who defend her.