Justin and others, the digital gauge pictured is available from Harbor Freight for about 35.00. The reason I went to a vertical bench gauge is that you do not have to deal with deflection of the probe although you do not have the portability of the Manson type gauge, as I don't go to gun shows shows thats not an issue with me A party on the trapshooters forum sells a bore gauge similar to the Skeets gauge that is made of better material for just a little more, it is also offered in an 18" version. The Skeets gauge at one time was offered with a 12-16ga head and 20-28ga head for about 200.00. But you could also buy 2 separate tools for the same price which makes better sense. About 25 years ago I had a Chubb bore gauge that would measure if I remember correctly 12-20 ga. It used a positive system to gauge bores instead of the sticky balls of most gauges you see today. It was made in England of the best material and workmanship, I wouldn't want to guess what it would cost today.

Last edited by james-l; 01/31/11 03:30 PM.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong