I had posted this at the general discussion forum under help fing a source for 9mm shotshells.
I think it is more appropriate here.
I would like some help ID ing my German? SxS garden gun. It is .22 X 9mm shot.
It has 23 1/2 barrels. Side lever opening.

I have been trying to decipher the proof marks on the gun. There is no makers name.
I have never taken photos and posted them so I'll try to describe the marks. I will try to figure how to post photos later.

The receiver has a B with crown over it and a U with crown over it. I believe
this to be German proof used on an import gun?
All my attempts at describing are not 100% accurate. Old eyes and faint marks leave something to be desired.

The side of the rifle barrel has-
0.5 gr N GPm/7?
18 gr Bl.
The bottom of the rifle barrel has a
B G
U
All with crown over them.
It also has
53 ?/M
It also has what could be a makers mark but I can't really describe it. I'll have to try to make a photo.

The shot barrel has on the side-
0.2 gr N. G. P. m/71
18gr Bl.
The bottom of the shot barrel has
BG
U
all with crowns over.
8.8 T/r (maybe on the r)

The .22 is rifled.
I did a chamber cast of both. The shotshell case dia. is .399 and the length is approx. 1.5 " . The bore dia. is .336.
I was told that it was chambered for a .38 shot but that case is a little too small in dia.. It chambers and seats ok, just a little loose. I tried some CCI .38 shothells and they do work. The case splits at the mouth, as expected with undersized aluminum.
I do hope to find some 9mmm or someone who can suggest or help make some up. Probaly just wishful thinking on but my part but worth the try.
All in alll it is a pretty neat old firearm and is in good shape.
The .22 is surprising accurate for with the basic iron sites and my old eyes.

Any info and help is appreciated.
thank you all.
Mike