Chris, all I mean is that it looks like a nice gun and deserves to be fixed up, assuming the cost isn't prohibitive. SOMEBODY here probably could give you a ballpark value, but I'm just not qualified or experienced enough in this area.

Regarding the chambering, there was apparently a whole family of 10.5mm rimmed bottlenecked target ctgs. popular in Germanic countries in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The most common was the 10.5x47R, but there were shorter and longer-cased versions based on the same rim/base diameter, a shorter or longer case body, same neck and same bullets. It has been my experience that if a ctg. was popular for target shooting, sooner or later it started to be chambered in hunting weapons like yours as well. In the US we have the example of the .32-40 "WCF" and the .38-55 "WCF" (not to mention the later 7mm-08 and others). In Germany the main example I'm aware of is the 8.15x46R, but I'm sure there are others. So I'd get a chamber cast and expect to find some variant of the 10.5mm. But that's just a half-assed guess....

Hope you feel better soon.

Mike Armstrong