A word about the Borchardt triggers. This has been my summer (as if we ever had one) project, a Malden-Niedner in caliber .25 HP Niedner AKA .25-Krag.

Mr. Niedner worked over the firing pin making it a smaller diameter and cleaned up everything. I can see no modifications to the original trigger. The breech-block has the typical Niedner hole in the top for escaping gas.

When I first started working with this rifle it took some time to get acquainted with the trigger pull. Because the other Niedner Borchardt has DST this one felt really bad!

I always start a database and enter all my load information so I started to notice that my later load on any given shooting session seemed better. Almost like a lead bullet rifle that you have to shoot some to condition the bore. I clean this rifle with No.9 and patch on a button tip only, I have never used a brush but I will if it ever loads up with copper fouling. Anyway I left the bore dirty for my next trip to the range.

This is an exceptional shooting rifle, even when fire forming brass, it does well. I can no longer complain about the trigger.

Yes, I still clean the rife after shooting it but I know now if I want minute-of-fly I need to foul it first.

Not bad for 100 year old rifle.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014