Don't know when my Scott was manufactured, perhaps someone can tell me from the Serial # which is 51314. Top of the rib says:

"W & C Scott & Son 10 Gt Castle Street Regent Circus London"

There is no shield on the top of the wrist but there is a brass oval on the lower buttstock. All serial numbers and proof marks match - looks like the gun came from the factory with both sets of barrels. It has not been Nitro proofed.

Storms, you know me well. Not a Parker but the girls seem to have welcomed her without objection. Have to tell you that this gun locks up like a vault and feels a heck of a lot more substantial than any of my Parkers. Hammer springs are still stiff - when you cock them you know by hearing and feeling the click.

I passed on a Premier, perhaps the one OWD aquired, and bought this one. It seems to have about 90% of the engraving you see on a Premier (note the hammers) but the damascus pattern on both sets of barrels is just spectacular.

The gun rests in an old Army & Navy case. Anything wrong with replacing the A & N lable with a vintage WC Scott Lable?

The gun was featured in the Nov-Dec issue of Doublegun Classics, an e-Magazine published here in Michigan and with which I am NOT affiliated. From the website you can download a sample of the magazine and see some better pictures of this gun. (This is not a commercial endorsement).

http://www.doublegunclassics.com/

This is my first hammer gun, and second English gun, and I am very excited to own it. I hope to take it out and break some clay birds with it in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to walk up on the trap line with those 40" barrels.

Not trying to hi-jack this thread. I am very interested to learn anything I can about WC Scott guns, and this one in particular. I have read that in the 1880s and 90s it was "fashionable" for gentleman to hunt from horseback with guns sporting 40" barrels and I have heard of Greener's with 40" barrels but I have never heard of another Scott so equipped. Again, any thoughts and/or information would be appreciated.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.