Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Phi, actually Wonko DID answer your question. All you needed to do was refer to the book he mentioned: Bob Brister's "Shotgunning: The Art and the Science".

That's not an answer though L. Brown. That's passing the buck. I obviously don't have that book. That's why I asked the question.

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
That's a must have, for anyone serious about shotguns and ballistics. In it, Brister shot at moving pattern boards (towed by his wife, behind the family station wagon), some of them at quite long range. He includes quite a few photos of the resulting patterns. The idea that moving the muzzle is going to do anything that will show on the pattern board is a bit like the old idea that you might be able to save your life if you're in a falling elevator by jumping just before it hits. The one event takes place too quickly, the other not quickly enough. But maybe, if you're an NBA star with extremely good "hang time" . . . smile

THAT is an answer and I thank you. You've brought a new demension to this conversation. Perhaps if Wonko had taken the time to instruct rather than tell his student to "look it up" maybe certain comments wouldn't have been warranted.

American by birth, Texan by grace of God.