Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: SKB
It just depends on the gun. The next shipment going out has a matched pair of Powell SLE's, a H&H and a Purdey. It is not a service that is applicable to your typical Birmingham boxlock.

This the pair.... http://bertramandco.com/powell12gaPair.html

At the $13,000 asking price plus $8,200 to Teague line the barrels these guns are going to remain upside down for ever....Plus they have other issues such as old cracks and being off face.

You the advisor on all this ?

Originally Posted By: SKB
Thanks for your deep insight Joe but you may not have all the details of this transaction. Maybe we should just sleeve 'em the way you like your guns?

Sorry I thought I pretty well listed all the details crazy Since you asked here's my thoughts on the 'pair of Powells'....Not the best action design, not stocked to the balls they do have beautiful wood "with issues" and a nice case. Did you notice the W&C Scott forearm release ?

Here's your observations....Wood "Gun #1 has a small repaired crack that runs from the trigger plate to the lock and a very well done 1/2 inch patch just to the rear of the trigger guard. Gun #2 has a small pair of repaired cracks 1/2 an inch apart on the bottom rear of the forend."

Metal..."Both guns have 30" barrels, Gun #1 has been rebarreled by Powell and is choked .008/.008. Gun #2 has the original damascus barrels that have been blued and are choked .008/.016. Gun # 2 is also slightly off of face. The barrel walls are extremely thin on both guns, making this pair excellent candidates for Teague lining".

Hard to believe they are worn out like they are....makes one wonder if the quality was ever really there.