OWD,

turning to your original question I ordered in 2007 from AYA a gun that could be used as a pigeon gun, a model Nº53. The real Pigeon Gun from AYA is the Nº56 but cost precluded me from ordering it. I had to make a compromise specifying a gun that could be used as a pheasant/pigeon gun, light enough to carry, strong enough to withstand heavy charges: 29" barrels, overbored to .740, it is a heavy framed sidelock, with side clips, third Purdey bite, swamped rib, straight stock, automatic safety, 15" LOP, 1.5"DAC, 2.5"DAH.

Overboring and light stock made it lighter than expected: 6.8 lb. instead of 7.25 lb (with Galazan handguard marks 7 lb). On the other hand it prints 66% Right Barrel and 75% Left Barrel at 40 yards with 1.125 oz. charges of #6 pellets. It fits me well, points centered at the board; a little stock bending will eventually pattern a recomended 70-30%.

So far I have used it for pheasants with good performance, I will try it first time at the live pigeon ring this Southern Winter.