For those inquisitive souls brave enough to have a gander at my posts, I have found that the black powder used was the Neues Gewehr-Pulver Modell 71 or NGPm/71. There were other powders available for the supplemental tests such as Schultze(Sch.P.) and Troisdorfer Flinten(Tr. Fl.P.)(maybe the "Crown" over "F" has something to do with Flinten(shotgun) or is a shotgun designation. In the rifle realm one will also find the Gewehr-Blattchen(G.B.P.) powder. And the NGPm/71 being the only one used up until 1939 with the others falling by the wayside in circa 1913. The NGPm/71 of course is associated with the Model 1871 Mauser, which was slated to roll of the production lines circa 1872. There was a kink in their plans when the Danzig, Erfurt and Spandau arsenals placed an order with the Pratt & Whitney Tool company of Hartford Connecticut and apparently the drops forges and grinding machines were shipped late or experienced a delay in the shipping process. At any rate there were a couple of other powders for the early military cartridges such as the Bayr. Gewehr Pulver, Gewehr Pulver 71 in addition to the NGPm71, which either had a cousin as Gewehr Pulver 71n/A or was also known under another acronym. As far as I can tell even post 1939 all tubes slated for multi-barrel longarms were subject to black powder proof in the provisional proof. Scattergun tubes were subject to one black powder proof and 2 smokeless proofs in the definitive proof under the 1939 rules.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse