Michael, thanks for posting those. Pics were taken last week by G&H. Here is the story, a little lengthy I fear. Rifle is a .250-3000, 24.5" barrel, G&H ser. no. 1201, Savage ser. no. 177442 from 1916. Takedown action, but now solid frame. According to research by G&H historian Robert Beach, G&H built the rifle in 1933, for whom is not recorded. It was supplied with the big Goerz scope and with a case. By 1961 it was at Abercrombie & Fitch consigned by one Alfred Ehrenclou. A&F listed it at $225 and later in the year it was bought by my Long Island friend John M. Grant, Jr who got it for $175. A few months later I bought it from John, I think for $175 also. John is no longer with us, he would be amused that I have the rifle again. Two years later I peddled it through Shotgun News for $200, after first listing it for $250 and $225. According to Bob Beach, in 1991 and 1992 it was back at Abercrombie & Fitch twice and was bought first by Fred Brown and then by Louis Skola, no addresses available. In 1994 it reappeared at the Allentown gun show on the table of dealer Bob Gullone, without telescope, asking $2000. I examined it there. By 2000 Terry Buffum, a contributor to this forum, owned it. Terry had a single lever G&H bracket and a Zeiss Zeilklein which are now on the rifle. Recently, perhaps within the last year, he sold it to Monte Mandarino who sold it to Peter Weber who sold it to me. I paid a lot more than the $200 I got for it in 1963 !!! With its quarter rib, folding express leaves, Lyman windguage tang sight, telescope mounting and Circassian walnut, the rifle was about as sophisticated a lever action as one could buy or build in 1933. I think the long forend adds extra class. The penalty for all this splendid excess is a weight, according to the old G&H records, of 9lbs 6oz without scope. In this it is typical of many G&H rifles of the period. At least it won't kick, and this time around I intend to keep it.