Originally Posted By: eightbore
I think there is something in the equation that assumes that the increase in powder is an increase of the same type of powder that was in the baseline load. Are you guys implying that the "equation" knows whether the added percentage of powder is actually ten more grains of powder or ten grains of filler? Some powder has a big percentage of coating to slow the burn rate, and some powder probably has filler in the mix that is not even attached to the powder grains in the form of a coating. How does the "equation" know? If you added ten grains of sand to your 15 grains of powder, would it increase the recoil as much as your equation suggests? I don't think I am the only reader who is doubting the the correctless of the equation.

If it was the same "type" of powder, whatever that means, it would give more velocity.

I've seen the same difference that Mike mentioned between recoil formulas for rifles and formulas for shotgun. They do not come up with the same answers. I don't remember shy, but that's probably why they have two different formulas.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 04/17/10 09:26 AM.

> Jim Legg <