"I encourage all here to read the article "Something For Nothing" in the Jan. 2010 American Rifleman. It tells of a new powder used in Hornady Superformance ammo that give measurably greater velocity with less recoil. After you read the article it sounds plausible though I have not tried it, and anyway, I only have my unscientific shoulder to evaluate it."

The only thing that proves to me, is that The American Rifleman has gone from a publication that once could be counted on to tell the truth, to just another rag more interested in promoting their sponsors, than the truth. There is no "something for nothing" and no free lunch. There is no magic powder. Every powder, every wad, every choke tube, every BS barrel modification claims to reduce recoil, shoot better(?) patterns, produce higher velocity, kill deader, burn cleaner and everything else that sounds good.

What you didn't do, Keith, is to chronograph those loads. And you also didn't compare those BP loads with much lighter loads of smokeless that produced the same velocity. My point being the loads containing much less weight of powder WILL recoil less.

Last edited by Jim Legg; 04/15/10 09:42 AM.

> Jim Legg <