Joe;

No question the Japanese make fine products and this Parker appears to be a very good piece of gunsmithing. But for me, and I think most people on this board, shotgunning has important components of heritage and romance entertwined in the actual act of hunting or shooting. Our imaginations transcend practicality. That's the reason for all the posts on Parkers, Elsies, British guns, and obscure European makes. In fact, its the reason for the existence of Parker repro's as people take to the field with replicas of guns they either can't afford or are too valuable to go dragging through the catbriars. We want to simulate the experiences of our forefathers with their shiny new Parkers in an era to which many of us feel we would have been better suited. Its why I carry a Parker 20 VH while most of my bird buddies swing Beretta O/U's.

As I hit 60, there are several guns that have been with me for a large part of my life. They are guns that I've made the connection with; guns that have been history in my hands. Many other guns have rotated through the safe and have been quickly forgotten. I have some in there now who's existence is in peril. But the ones that have stayed are all older guns and either U.S. or European. Like a good old dog, they are simply not for sale.

Hopefully this repro Parker and I can go to the field next year and bond. If I shoot it well this may be the cure for my firearms xenophobia. If not, watch for it in the "sale" forum on this website. I'll use the money to buy another Parker...or Elsie...or something Abercrombie and Fitch brought into this country a century ago. I have nothing against Japanese guns. They just haven't yet satisfied what I personally seek in this hobby.